Monday, February 20, 2012

Short List.


1.) This NPR program is the Buddhist wheel of life. You can click on the different realms and a man will talk a describe to you what it is exactly. If you're interested in learning about Buddhism, this is an easy way. Definitely a very limited type site but I find it interesting and educational.






2.) Even though it pains me to share this because its always been a secret of mine, this is how I find all the 'different' music that I listen to. There are all different sorts of genres. It's called we are hunted. Tons of upcoming artists that haven't quite made it big or even have no aspirations to do so. Some are well known by accident but overall, they hover right below the fame in this perfect little world of sound. (warning: may be labeled as hipster (which I dislike) but it has that feel to it) here's some songs that came out last week that I've fallen in love with. (sorry, you cannot see them on certain computers)

Fun-Some nights. This one is acepella and seems a bit churchy but it's so wonderful and happy.


Horse Feathers- Fit Against the Country. I'm not sure if any of you listen to the duhks but i grew up with then and they are such a rare style of music but this band really tries to capture the same idea and they did it beautifully.




3) This is a fashion site where they sell clothes and individuals make all different layouts and collages of the outfits so you can get an idea and feel for what the clothing. It's called polyvore and it's almost like and online super mall. I'm not a big shopper, but I felt this would apply to my female readers! The only downside to this site is since it is such a big site with various stores in it, you may have to have separate tabs and separate shopping carts for each store. but just think of it as carrying around tons of bags through a mall.


No comments:

Post a Comment