Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vegan way of life.

(Spartana article, explicit category)
Being a vegan is a restricting but beneficial lifestyle and though vegans encounter problems with eating in the real world, in the sanctity of their homes, the living comes easy. I was a strict vegan for a while but now I'm more of just a 'very healthy eater.' One of my favorite sites to go to are www.vegan-food.net because not only did it provide me with information, it also gave me recipes. Its a very open minded place with wild ideas such as ice-cream made from breastmilk or world vegan bake sale.

Does sun-dried tomato, tofu, mock cream cheese on pita chips sound good to you? Penne 'veganrelle' lasagna bake? How about chocolate pancakes? You can make almost anything and still be vegan. The texture may be different and the taste as well, but sometimes it's even better. Take the vegan pancakes for example; I make them all the time and I love them way more than normal ol' aunt jemimah.

There are local places that serves strictly vegan/vegetarian food. One place is right off coldwater and it's called Loving Cafe. If you're thinking of switching to a more vegan lifestyle, I'd recommend going to a restaurant like this so you can see all the possibilities of veganism without being discouraged. When you eat well, you feel well and nothing is better than feeling green and healthy :)

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting! I think I could try being a vegetarian, but veganism sounds hard.

    ReplyDelete